Options

Passed ICND1 Today

cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
Scored a 903/1000. I want to say I studied off and on for 2 months. Other certifications and and some previous experience allowed me to pickup networking theory pretty fast and allowed me to re-learn a lot of the commands and outputs. I primary used Pularsight ICND1 course and CBT nuggets for topics I couldn't properly grasp first time around (trunking, OSPF). I used Wendell Odom's ICND1 Network Simulator for Mac to practice a ton of labs. I purchased the official book, but I only read a chapter or two. I would say overall I've put in about 50 hours studying for this certification at least.

I decided to knock out this cert to just get a deeper understanding of systems that I audit. I plan on doing 210-260 next. I deal more with Information Assurance, compliance and auditing vice network administration...which is why I'm not going the R&S route next....but I wouldn't rule it out for myself later down the line.

Anyone with much experience jumping from ICND1 to CCNA Security?
Next Up...
CCNA: Security (210-260)
Date: TBD

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Congrats. CCNA deals with firewall,acs, vpn, and cisco sec best practice.
    If you are exposed to cisco sec technologies then it shouldnt be hard to transition.
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Many thanks! Thanks. Previous work experience had me reviewing firewall configurations for auditing purposes, but the sysadmins would actually do the driving. Like I said, I want a deeper understanding when it comes to ensuring that not only are network devices secure, but to also be able to manually review the devices myself. I certainly have an appreciation for this Cisco cert. I know it's entry level, but wow...a lot of knowledge to absorb. Very far from entry level compared to other organization's "entry" level exams.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats my friend! Best of luck with getting the CCNA Sec!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! Thanks for noting what you used for your studies.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Dr SaneDr Sane Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□