Options

Degree and Cert?

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
What jobs could I land with an A.A.S Networking Technology degree (Networking Technology Degree Courses by Semester – Welcome to Wayne Community College | Goldsboro, NC) and the Comptia Network+ cert?

Comments

• Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could land a Network Support Technician position or some other NOC position. Not sure if you will attain a Network Administrator position without the experience but it could definitely happen maybe a few years after being a Network Support Technician.
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Networking jobs I would assume. Of course you need to put in your time and gain experience. For example, NOC jobs, Network Admin jobs, or Network Engineer jobs.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
    I've done online job posting searches for NOC Technicians. I literally get only about 20 hits. The positions that are open for NOC Techs seem limited. Is that true as well in the real world (non-advertised NOC Tech positions)?
  • Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try searching just the keyword NOC or Network Support or Network Engineer.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The type of job you'll get depends on how well you can sell yourself, how well you know your area of expertise, and what you can bring to the organizational culture. Unfortunately, getting a degree and some certs won't be enough.