I am working full time in a permanant role and i get $85,000 a year

I have been offered a permanant role however its a 6 month contract

How much should i charge per hour

I dont care about benefits

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    60/hr.
    show them your benefits (medical,dental insurance,eye glasses, 401k, tuition reimbursement and etc)
  • Options
    KennygrowKennygrow Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If they offer $5656 a hour is this a low ball slap in the face???
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is only a little under the $60/hr thrown out there. You have to be able to develop your own opinion about this stuff, though.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    KennygrowKennygrow Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah

Yall think its a good next step money wise?

they also giving me laptop etc for work and free parking and some other **** lol
  • Options
    TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    This is a 6 month contract. So you need to determine a few things. a.) Do you have stability in your current job? If so why would you want to leave for a contract position? b.) If you did take the position how much of the new rate are you going to actually be able to save? After 6 months you could possibly be unemployed. Meaning you will need to pay your bills with the money you banked. c.) Is this actually a step up for you, or is this a lateral move that simply pays better in the short term? If it's a lateral move I would suggest you just keep looking for a new full time position. If it will give you a step up responsibility/education wise then it could be a good stepping stone if you plan it right.