Options

Dealing with multiple job offers help!

CMalon02CMalon02 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello guys and gals i'm in a bit of a pickle and decided to reach out for help since this is one of the best forums I've been apart of. In the last week I've interviewed for two positions. One is a temp to hire Desktop Support position with an enterprise organization and the other is a help desk role with a small company of about 25 employees which due to it's size I would be doing a lot more than just help desk and I would be the sysadmins main backup and support. Now the dilemma is I received an offer on the Desktop Job but I would rather have the help desk role as its pays more, is not a temporary role, and I feel I will learn a lot to help get to my goal of one day becoming a Systems Admin. I'm trying to hold off the Desktop Job while I wait on an answer on the Help Desk role and was wondering would it be a good ideal to let them know I have another job offer but I would prefer to work there? Sorry for the formatting and thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Options
    TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    Im confused. You already have an offer from both companies? Or you interviewed with both companies, have an offer from one, and are waiting to see if you get an offer from the other(which you would prefer)?

If you only have an offer from 1, that more than likely isn't going to be there long, especially considering it is a temp to hire job. They would simply move on to the next in their list.

If you have an offer from both, Im confused as to what it is you are waiting on an answer for....
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I'd go for the perm role myself. I have been through the temp to hire and it sucks. Just my 2 cents. If you are seeking opinions. Kinda confused on what you are requesting..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like he has 1 offer and is holding out for the other. Gonna lose the first one if you do that... I would think you should contact the small company and see where they are. For all you know they could have another interview with another person a week from today. And you could be out both jobs.
  • Options
    For all you know they could have another interview with another person a week from today. And you could be out both jobs.

This was my point. If you only have an offer from one. Accept it. Its a temp job. That goes both ways. I am sure that company is well aware that anyone getting hired for a temp job is still looking for full time work. If you do indeed get an offer from the second you go ahead and accept that one if youd like and move on. If you don't get the second offer you aren't losing out on the first.
  • Options
    CMalon02CMalon02 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TomkoTech wrote: »
    This was my point. If you only have an offer from one. Accept it. Its a temp job. That goes both ways. I am sure that company is well aware that anyone getting hired for a temp job is still looking for full time work. If you do indeed get an offer from the second you go ahead and accept that one if youd like and move on. If you don't get the second offer you aren't losing out on the first.

Sorry for the confusion but yeah this is spot on the position i'm in I have the temp and have been waiting for the Perm. I'm going to accept the temp as you guys said don't wanna lose both.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I will always take permanent job.
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I will always take permanent job.

agreed. However since there isn't an actual offer from the permanent job, his choice is to chance not getting that offer and lose the temp job or accept the temp job until he has an actual offer for the permanent position.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you already have an offer, go to the other one and tell them you have an offer on the table. This will show that you have options and they also may speed up the process for you. I did this once and they had an offer for me that evening.