Options

Regarding incomplete bachelors in resume

kishore90kishore90 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a MBA but have an incomplet bachelors . I have attended the course for whole 4 years and even completed my final project and passed in final semester but have few papers arrears and I did not finish that after 4 years of course completion. Later have 3 years work experience and did MBA and have MBA currently. I am in plans to serach for job and need to know how to mentioned my bachelors in resume. My bachelors is no way relATED TO MY future job area. Can someone give me an idea. I need to stay genuine to my employee as well present my resume in a way that it doesnt give a bad impression.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    If you haven't finished, don't show it on your resume.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you felt the work you did towards your bachelors would be useful towards the job you're applying for (which from what you're saying it probably wouldn't) then I'd add it and the number of credits completed. Something along the lines of:

University of Place
    Earned 52 Credits, Business Administration

Instead of:

University of Place
    B.S. Degree, Business Administration

This still conveys that you've done a huge portion of work (The four years you mentioned), but is not dishonest in regards to whether you graduated or not. I would not flat out put that you've completed it. That's inaccurate and could be grounds for firing you if someone found out later on. To be honest though, it sounds like you don't even need to list it. Just listing your MBA should be enough.

By the way, how'd you get into an MBA program without a bachelors? Anyways, good luck.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    aderon wrote: »
    By the way, how'd you get into an MBA program without a bachelors? Anyways, good luck.

That's my question as well. If you somehow managed to do that, I'd just list the MBA. Maybe it's wrong as it might imply that you have the BA/BS too, kind of a grey area as I've never seen someone have a graduate level degree without the bachelors first.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    aderon wrote: »

There's lots of back doors into programs if you look hard enough. You can even get into doctoral programs without any undergrad. Or just become famous and get lots of honorary degrees ;)

But I agree with everything else. If you really want to list it, say that you've done x credit points in that program at that university. But you are probably safe to not list it, since the MBA kind of supersedes it.

FWIW, I know someone who doesn't list their undergrad studies - even though they could be relevant. And I know someone else with a Master's that doesn't even mention their Bachelor Science 1st class honours (I think US call it summa cum laude), since they don't see it relevant to their IT work - the major was physics.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    There's lots of back doors into programs if you look hard enough. You can even get into doctoral programs without any undergrad.

Hm, the more you know! Thanks.
  • Options
    YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you haven't finished, don't show it on your resume.

I think this holds more for certs than a degree as this can span years. Leaving it off, just showing HS is robbing yourself.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The rule of thumb for me is that if you're actively pursuing the degree, list it with an expected completion date. If you've abandoned it, leave it off. And since you said it's not relevant to your field, that's even more of a reason to leave it off.