Options

Needing advice and opinions

DefilerDefiler Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. I found techexams.net looking for cert information, so I registered to get more information to work towards my future IT career.

Anyways,

I am having trouble deciding on choosing a path for my career. I will post as much information as I can currently think of that would hopefully allow viewers to provide the best feedback. My situation is that I am working towards a career emphasizing in networking. I am 20 years old, finishing up on my A.A.S in Networking at Walters State Community College. Inside of Tennessee, there are no good public B.S. schools to attend that relates to networking/IT. I want to be in the IT field. My ambitions are to move to silicon valley, or the one in the east (D.C.) From what I have read online, most jobs are looking for people with B.S. degree. I am a poor, any tuition will be paid through grant/scholarships/loans. My question to you guys are what pathway should I take? Any guidance is will be greatly appreciated.

Here are my options:

A) (PUBLIC & CLASSROOM) Tennessee Technical University B.S.Cyber-Security concentration
This transfer pathway is quite a different pathway. It is the only close Public/state school that offers anything relating to computers that is not C.S. general education, and programming. I could get in this school with through a government-funded scholarship that makes me work for them after graduation. This will set me back a year or two as I will need to finish a lot more general education classes, and other classes I can't get transfer credits towards.

B) (PRIVATE & ONLINE) King University B.S. Information Technology Network Management concentration
This is a more costly, and faster route to my bachelors degree.

C) No B.S. degree.
I will try to hopefully nearby internship/job with a local company. Focus on N+, CCENT, and possibly other certs.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have tried to explain my current standing, and maybe I can get some advice from this community who have been, or know what I should do from here. (moderately serious advice please..)

Thanksicon_profileleft.gif