Options

I did it... I got a new job!

2»

Comments

• Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are soc's really THAT bad??

My experience in two different SOCs has been, yes. Check the following two threads to get a feel for why I left a SOC position. Not saying all SOCs are like this, but the ones i've worked in were:

link 1 here
    link 2 here
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    si20 wrote: »
    My experience in two different SOCs has been, yes. Check the following two threads to get a feel for why I left a SOC position. Not saying all SOCs are like this, but the ones i've worked in were:

link 1 here
    link 2 here

Yeah I read them I suppose it can happen in any workplace especially I.T where you find morons everywhere! i see you worked at HP..........say no more mate hahaha
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just to give everyone an update on where i'm currently at: i'm due to leave my current place of work next Tuesday (17th May). There has been a slight delay in getting my vetting done for the law enforcement forensics role. Basically, they work on an old-fashioned system where you must physically turn up and present a photograph of yourself along with your vetting forms before you get them signed off. I turned up with my forms in hand, but the police station was closed due to it being a weekend, so I posted my forms.

I was told that I would need to re-do my documents take them (plus ID) to another station, so I did. Unfortunately, they were not aware of the process, but I managed to get them to forward my documents to HR. HR have got in touch with the recruiter to tell me that they're now processing my vetting procedure. The vetting usually takes 4-6 weeks, so by this time next month, I should have a starting date.

Next steps are to arrange a house to rent. I've got a viewing on saturday so i'll see how it goes!