Options

Received my CISM book - disappointed

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
I received my CISM book yesterday and all I have to say is WTF! I have not started reading it yet but my first impression of the book's layout and writing style is that it is very unorthodox. This book is written like a newspaper, you have to read small paragraphs all the way down the page and then go back to the top of the page to start the next paragraph and read all the way down again. I've never read books like this, so reading this book will probably be a pain. Anyone else felt the same way i do when they got this book?

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All the ISACA books are like that. If they didn't do it that way they'd all be 1000 pages and who wants to lug that encyclopedia around? You get used to it I guess. Personally I prefer printable PDFs (easy to ctrl+f when looking for a particular keyword), but of course they don't do those for piracy reasons.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Guess you have to get used to it. The material can be dry. You may want to read through it once or twice and then focus on the QAE.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was a pain to read for me, but the information in it were useful and helpful. I used the book and the test database.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes the format is strange. seems like isaca books are written using Excel. I would suggest you read it once if you can make it through and focus more on the Q&A.
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is one of the better books - trust me
    1. Read the book
    2. And take the ISACA online question DB
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I was studying for my CISA I made it about 2 weeks with the ISACA book before I just bought the AIO. That combined with the ISACA practice tests IMO were perfect. I feel your pain ... however, it doubles as a great sleep aide.