Guide to study for CCNA:DC

Karl ChKarl Ch Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am a Master's student in telecommunications about to graduate in May 2016.I have my CCNA:R&S, have no prior work exp and I have not been able to get any entry level jobs as a network engineer. To improve my resume and my knowledge i have decided to do CCNA:DC and would like to get some guidance of where i can find the relevant textbook, video tutorials and labs for both 640-911 DCICN and 640-916 DCICT. Will 6 weeks be enough to complete both of these courses?

Thanks.

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    A good place to start for any Cisco books or videos is with Cisco Press.

Also the official Cisco training page for CCNA:DC, under the "Study and Learn" tab and the "Training" tab

The fulltime training bootcamps that training providers run are usually 40 hours per exam, but depending on your experience with the materials, you might need more study. 6 weeks is possible.

There's a fair amount of overlap with CCNA R+S, so if you have that already, the material shouldn't be too hard.

The downside to DC, is that some of the equipment is expensive and the virtualised resources aren't covering it, so self study can be a challenge. As far as I am aware, DC isn't offered by Cisco Net Acad, so you'd have to go through a Cisco Learning Partner for hands on training, and they tend to be quite expensive and (in my opinion) more variable in quality.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM