SSCP or straight to CISSP?

alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am new here at this forum. I have been checking this site when I was reviewing for Security+. I recently passed the Security+ exam. I want to see if anyone that passed Sec+ did SSCP as well? or would it be better to go straight to CISSP? is the SSCP any good? appreciate any advise. thanks.

Comments

• wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    alfred06 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am new here at this forum. I have been checking this site when I was reviewing for Security+. I recently passed the Security+ exam. I want to see if anyone that passed Sec+ did SSCP as well? or would it be better to go straight to CISSP? is the SSCP any good? appreciate any advise. thanks.

Depending on your experience and years of experience if its 4/5 years go for the sscp if not the SSCP is a good cert just not that well known on the job boards as it should maybe
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Before doing the CISSP, I opted to do my CASP, then CEH so that I would be a little more well rounded and prepared for the CISSP. I personally would not do SSCP and go straight for the CISSP. It also helps if you have experience in the field of security but does not mean you can't pass the test. You would need experience for the designation of CISSP, but if you don't have the experience and pass the test you will be designated as an associate of ISC2.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None