A+ certified!

xagreusxagreus ITIL Foundation, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNAAtlanta AreaMember Posts: 98 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I passed the 220-801 on March 2, 2016 and took 220-802 last night. icon_cheers.gif On both, I thought I was doing worse than I actually did. Passed each with 800 or higher! I've been working in IT for 6-7 years, so that definitely made a difference.

My primary study resource was TestOut by LabSim (provided by WGU for my degree program). I found it to be well made and helpful, with informative video lectures (which you can speed up, thank goodness) reinforced with fact sheets, followed by test labs. Great system.

I also used the practice exams at ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams, which were terrific.

Finally, I used the book A+ Certification for Dummies 3rd Edition. It was somewhat helpful - pretty text-heavy, but good info. In my case, it probably wasn't worth the $15 I spent on it, since I tend to learn more from lectures and hands-on practice. But it was good to have an additional resource to help flesh out questions I had - I should have checked it out from the library. icon_study.gif

As has been stated many times in these forums, I recommend attacking your studies from different directions using different resources.

HTH!
2022 goals: LPI Linux Essentials, MS Azure Administrator (AZ-104), Project+, AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS SysOps Admin-Associate, WGU BS-NOS

Comments