Options

Regarding VMWARE's VCP official training prices

2»

Comments

• Options
    trafficctrafficc Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Thank you for your interest in taking a class with us here at Stanly Community College. We are an authorized VMware IT Academy, and the course we offer meets the education portion of the VM certification. However, we can offer the VMware course only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. Additionally, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

This course is offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook in both hard copy and e-book formats available through our book store. We will begin teaching the 6.0 version of the VMware curriculum starting this June.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also visit our VMware page on our SCC website https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-install-configure-manage.

Thanks for your nice detailed comment. But does that mean I cannot take online classes with you since I do live overseas now, in Kuwait?
  • Options
    I can somehow agree with the fact that the high cost class would element cheaters somehow, but not always.

Having $1000 per attempt would be more logical if we want to element those cheaters.

On the other hand, some other people would love to have the class in less prices, maybe around $1000.

I don't know but what I understood from Stanly post above is that they are not giving this price of $180 to students overseas...
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    trafficc wrote: »
    Does that mean I cannot take the course online since I live overseas? I'm currently living in Kuwait.

You can take the Stanly course if you live overseas - I booked last month and am going through the course at the moment and I live in England. The only places barred are in the USA where some local competition rules prohibit them from offering the course (as I understand it).

You do the classes at your own pace (there is a schedule if you want to follow it) and there is a deadline to go online at the start of the course, but otherwise it is very flexible. You watch the videos, read the notes, do the labs on their servers remotely and answer a quiz at the end of each module - no interaction with teachers is needed although they are available if you need them.

When you finish and so long as you got passing marks on your labs and quiz's then you get a certificate of being trained that you can present to VMWare to book the exam - and you get a good discount on the exam price as well.

Drop an message to the STANLEY_CC user on this site and they can give you the link to apply or an email for more info.

All in all it is excellent value.

thanks
    Iain
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm guessing OP haven't priced 5 day training courses before.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I was just looking back at some invoices from IPExpert, Fastlane and Global Knowledge and thinking the same thing,d ave330i. $2400 sounds pretty reasonable to me, for 5 day class, access to lab hardware, etc
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification... really appreciate it. I guess I'm already in their waiting list.
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    I'm guessing OP haven't priced 5 day training courses before.

Yeah, I haven't set a 5 day course for less than 3k in my career.

The links in the OP are for on-demand 45 day access, not a 5 day course. Those are typically cheaper than 5 days but the prices are 1k off of the list price.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Our price is currently $185.00US + the cost of the textbook regardless of where a student lives. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at http://vmware2.stanly.edu/waitlist.aspx.
    trafficc wrote: »
    I can somehow agree with the fact that the high cost class would element cheaters somehow, but not always.

Having $1000 per attempt would be more logical if we want to element those cheaters.

On the other hand, some other people would love to have the class in less prices, maybe around $1000.

I don't know but what I understood from Stanly post above is that they are not giving this price of $180 to students overseas...
  • Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    Just go search for VMware IT Academy in your area. I took mine at Ohlone College for less than $100 at the time since I was a CA resident. Tuition is a bit higher now though ($46/cr). If you're a CA resident, may want to take it there.
  • Options
    We are happy to announce we are now offering VMware vSphere 6.0. As we move to this new version of the curriculum there a few items of which students need to be aware. If you are brand new to VMware and/or you do not have a currently valid VMware certification here is the recommended path. There are two exams now in obtaining your VCP6.0 certification. Students should enroll in our VMware vSphere ICM course and then sit for the VMware Foundations exam with the academic voucher given upon successful completion of the course. Then VMware suggests students take six months to one year to obtain field experience before taking the VCP6-DCV exam. For those who do not wish to wait that amount of time, taking the VMware Optimize and Scale course here at SCC, which is an advanced course that will help students with the new changes to the VMware 6.0 software, is recommended. We will begin offering the Optimize and Scale course in August 2016.

Those of you who currently hold a valid VCP certification 5.0-5.5 can just take the VCP6-DCV exam, but again the recommendation is for everyone to take the advanced class to ensure you are familiar with the new developments in the software. Here is a link from the VMware website that may help you in further understanding the new certification process: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=88888&ui=www_cert.
  • Options
    jontheuserjontheuser Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Where can we sign up for the coming 'VMware Optimize and Scale' course at SCC ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    http://vmware2.stanly.edu/waitlist.aspx
    jontheuser wrote: »
    Hello,

Where can we sign up for the coming 'VMware Optimize and Scale' course at SCC ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Not that any of those are less reputable but Stanly CC is a solid on the material and certificate. I took the class and will be sitting for the exam in June. Can't verify for the rest. The waiting list is worth it and usually over exaggerated. I was put on the waiting list to be approved for the next class in about a week and half.

The Dallas County class doesn't have a wait list.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe