Options

How soon do I have to take the second exam?

stayfocusedstayfocused Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the first L+ exam, within how many months must I pass the second?

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the only time limit you would have is if Comptia decided to change the test again. Should that happen you would need to pass the second test before they stopped allowing people to take that series of exams.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    More importantly, how long do you want to wait?

I see this like the A+ exams, they should be taken the same day or within a very, very short time of each other (maybe a week).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    CAIRNECAIRNE Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First off congrats on passing the first exam. icon_cheers.gif

In terms how long 'should' you wait between exams, so long as the exam isn't going to be discontinued soon (Like CompTIA A+ 801 & 802 this July) it really is a personal preference.

Don't
    feel as if you have to rush to do the second exam asap.

Make sure you're as prepared as you were for the first exam and when you feel ready book it and go for it.

There's no 'right' or 'wrong' time to book. Some people like to do two exams in one day, others 2 in a week or a month or even 2 over the space of a year (Yes, if you exam isn't going to be discontinued it's possible to take one exam each year but most people don't want to wait that long for a certification).