Options

CISSP Certification

Ultra256Ultra256 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Just curious to know my preparedeness level for the CISSP exam.

Resources : Sybex 7th edition and CCCure.org.

Current status : I have read the sybex 7th edition cover to cover a couple of times and I understand the concepts. I have completed the CCCure online test and have been scoring around 80% consistently. I have done the mock exams which came along with Sybex . Have been scoring 80% on those as well.

Im two weeks away from the exam. Iam confident at the same time doubtful. Im also thinking of preponding the exam coz I want to get over it asap. It has been 3 months now.
Suggest me....Am I ready for the exam ?

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are two predominate views here at play. First, your never "ready" for such and exam. Two, you so sick of studying you just want the exam over and done with.

Just depends on what your outlook on the situation and how these two perspectives motivate you.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the reply. This was my post when I was extremely frustrated and wanted to get over it.
    But I just cooled myself down, Took a days break. Didn't prepond the exam and wrote the exam yesterday and PASSED it yesterday. :)
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hey Ultra, congrats! :)

I am in a very similar situation of your first post! I have 2 weeks to go, I'm still motivated, no issue here, I just want to be sure to focus on the right thing before the exam. I'm doing cccure questions 125questions per chapters with good scores, only 2 domains to do. I read Sybex, not cover to cover but almost, I'm finishing 11th hour. I plan to marathon Cybrary video - I did the podcast once. Will do at least 2 more exam simulations, and probably review concepts using Syngress cissp guide. What was the most useful ressource for you 2weeks before the exam?
  • Options
    Hello Seab,

All the Best for your Exam.

For me it was only Sybex guide and ccure.org test engine. I am not a fan of going through multiple resources. I stick to one resource which in this case was Sybex as text book and ccure.org for quizing.

Last two weeks, I was doing a final revision of Sybex and doing one more round of ccure.org quizzes for all the domains by taking 250 questions in a single quiz. Also did the Sybex bonus exams which came along with the book. (Online portal).
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass! Sounds like you were ready after all!