Options

LCD TV Monitor Help

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys, wondering if I could get some input

I use a Samsung 40" LCD tv as my pc monitor and have been seeing streaks all over the display that come and go. I've been using this tv for the last 2 years as my monitor (tv itself is 9 years old) and so far I have used my onboard and video card but get the same results. I am thinking of buying another hdmi cable and trying it out but in case that is not the issue either, would anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would definitely try another hdmi cable to see if that is the issue it is possible a pin could be damaged. I assume it was working perfectly before and the tv itself without the hdmi connection from the laptop is fine?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Thanks Danny069
    This has been giving me problems for the last few weeks. The quick fix is to turn the tv off and then back on but now it does it every few minutes. I just bought a new HDMI cable and updated my previous post to include a picture of what is on screen in case anyone has experienced this before.
  • Options
    Okay so to be clear, the picture above is with the old hdmi cable, you have not tried the new one yet?
  • Options
    yes that is with the current. I have not purchased the new one yet but plan on doing so today.
  • Options
    FYI
    I tried replacing the cable and it was good for a few minutes before it started acting up again. Looks like it's the TV after all.
    Gonna have to start looking for a replacement unless anyone else has other ideas.
  • Options
    Yeah seems like it is the TV then. I'm sure it has served you well.