Options

Need Advice On Practice Test For CISSP

VenkatasgVenkatasg Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks,

I am gonna take CISSP exam on July, seriously I need some advice on selecting the practice test. Can you help me which practice test is quite near to exam questions? So that I can use it as my preparation to the exam

Regards,
Venkat

Comments

• Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    For free, or ready to pay to it?

Plenty are for free, and they are good value ( Sybex - if you buy the book, Eric Conrad web site, Shon Harris web site) . Very difficult to know which one is the best, really. I say, variety is the best answer. Do many questions, from different sources, you probably get the closest reality to the test.

Personnaly, I use CCure and Sybex question, started on Shon Harris questions a while ago.
    Ccure is great, because of the reports, and training process/progress, you can test precisely what subject you are weak in.
    Sybex is litteraly questions from the book, make it more difficult, because often require very precise answer from the book. But excellent practice for the price of the book.

Enjoy
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used many a practice test, both free and paid for, but there are some I thought were better than the others, FWIW below are the ones I preferred over the others. Mind you, NONE of the practice exam questions are what you will see on the actual exam. Practice exams only help you determine your weak areas.
    Transcender
    CCCure
    Sybex - If you have the book

The other practice test were either out of date or were duplicates of one of these. Also note that a lot of the free practice test out there are only copies of CCCure's.

For a comprehensive list of what I used to study for and pass the cissp, see my "Passed" thread. BTW, I have over 20 years of IT and IA experience, that was without a doubt the largest contributing factor for the passing score I acquired.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Venkatasg wrote: »
    Can you help me which practice test is quite near to exam questions?
    The other posters have provided a few sources. As @havoc64 mentioned, NONE of the practice questions will appear in the actual exam. Look for those that test your understanding and application of concepts.