Options

ISC2 CAP Resources

joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, ISC2 CAP is one of my cert goals for 2016 and my understanding is that study materials are limited. I have the ISC2 study guide (not the best material in my opinion). If anyone have any idea of a good study material and any references for practice questions I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    So I posted this thread about 3 months ago and didn't receive any response, apparently I'm guessing because the materials for CAP are limited. However, I kept looking online and found a few more materials in addition to the ISC2 textbook I was read and I'm happy to announce that I passed the exam with 1 hour left to spare of the assigned 3 hours! While I must confess that my day to day experience doing system authorization was huge in passing this exam, I will like to share a few tips in case someone out there might be interested-

here are the materials I used:

1) The official ISC2 Guide to the CAP CBK (very cut and dry but I think it was informative enough)
    2) Download a copy of the NIST RMF Guide here- http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-37-rev1/sp800-37-rev1-final.pdf
    3) There are a few videos available on Youtube- if you search for Certified Authorized Professional- CAP

Good luck to anyone out there seeking the CAP cert.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    @Remedymp, I never saw that, it's pretty detailed, would have been very helpful (though came too late!)- thanks for sharing anyway!