Going for the CCIE Security

1235»

Comments

• MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know you took the Z2H and KB classes but with your Lab < 2 months away, will you be attending another bootcamp? If so, which vendor?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm not needing another bootcamp this close to the lab. I'll just be labbing until the date. I have a month off of work starting on December 18th to almost my lab date so I'll just be labbing hardcore for 10 hours a day
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not needing another bootcamp this close to the lab. I'll just be labbing until the date. I have a month off of work starting on December 18th to almost my lab date so I'll just be labbing hardcore for 10 hours a day

A month off of work! Niiiice :)
  • dwemerdwemer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know I haven't updated in awhile but I haven't given up on this :)

Taking the lab for the first time in 4 days. I think I have a 50/50 shot. I've got the speed and the concepts down - the only thing that could screw me up is if I read a question's requirements wrong and mess up (sort of like my first time taking the CCIE DC). In the event I fail, I'll probably get pissed off, reschedule for 30 days in the future, and make the CCIE Security my b***h.

After this, I'm taking a break from CCIEs for awhile. There's a few things on my docket I want to do. I have over 2000+ pages of notes on the CCIE Security and am thinking about making a CCIE Security online course with some videos and a workbook since the track is hot but the vendors aren't stepping up as much as they could. I would also love to do some of the Offensive Security certs for fun and I'm thinking of doing the CyberSecurity doctoral at DSU. I don't think either are going to massively advance my career but the doctoral would be 100% covered by my employer and totally vanity on my part. I'd be the second Dr McNamara in my family so that would be fun :) I'm one of those people who generally get antsy if I'm not learning something new or doing something with myself. At some point in the future, I'll probably circle back and tackle the CCIE R&S in a few years after I have some time calming down from back-to-back CCIEs.

Anyways, that's the update in my world and why I've been largely absent on here.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey there Iris,

I'm so glad that I finally came back here after such a long hiatus to see your post. I wish you the very best on your attempt, and really hope you knock it out the first try. With a CCIE DC you are already very versed in how Cisco does thing, although Security is a different animal. I will come back to see your passed post!

On a separate note, I took a 4 month break from my MBA studies to work on the CISSP, which I passed on Thursday. I'm now just waiting for my Director to complete my Endorsement.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Boom. Done with that.

BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • darkestclowndarkestclown Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let me be the first to congratulate you!!! Time for a rest and summer is on the way :)
  • thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice! Congrats!

Now I suppose the question is: Are two enough, or will there be a number three?
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats Iris! icon_cheers.gif
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SWEET!!!!

1. Congratulations!
    2. I'm super jealous!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Nice! Congrats!

Now I suppose the question is: Are two enough, or will there be a number three?

I'd love to do R&S and a CCDE in the future but it'll have to be after a break of a year or two. I've been studying back-to-back CCIEs since I got married so I need a little rest. I think I'm going to spend the next year or two producing content, some offensive security stuff and python
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations.
  • ampdeckampdeck Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd love to do R&S and a CCDE in the future but it'll have to be after a break of a year or two. I've been studying back-to-back CCIEs since I got married so I need a little rest. I think I'm going to spend the next year or two producing content, some offensive security stuff and python

WOW! congratulations!!!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats Iris!! As always, your progression is impressive and inspiring. I'm definitely interested in following your offensive security endeavors since I'm pursuing that now.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • packetxpacketx Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !
    I can imagine all the hard work (1000+ hours spend labbing and reading) ! Bravo Iris :)
  • LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Iris,

Congratulations. Time to enjoy the SoCal sun.
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You the bomb.com Iris! Congrats again!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

Based on what I've seen from you on here, I don't think you're capable of rest.

Seriously though, congrats!
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    damn, that's awesome!

Congratz, ISE Queen :)
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Always impressing the TE crowd.
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on your talent and persistence!

Sounds like you will soon be spending time at the Offensive Security website.
  • frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats,
    I'm also preparing for CCIE Sec and I'm looking for a reliable rack rentals service , so any recommendations?
    frozenEyes wrote: »
    congrats,
    I'm also preparing for CCIE Sec and I'm looking for a reliable rack rentals service , so any recommendations?

For the CCIE Security, you're probably going to have to build your own rack. The good news is that you can virtualize a LOT of it. A couple ASAs that can cluster and do multi-context, a switch that can do 802.1x and Trustsec, and an AP is probably all you'll need on top of a physical server
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome journey, congrats!
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]