Options

CEH v9 Passed

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
I'm on the tail end of the MSISA program at WGU and took the CEH v9 using the at-home proctoring option. I found the exam was pretty straightforward if you have access to the official training materials from EC-Council, like the slides with additional notes. I also had the older All-In-One book which was still very relevant and useful. I didn't go through the videos provided because it seemed redundant when the slide materials are posted. Looking forward to taking CHFI next.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's just the CEH now, no CEHv9. Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    oscosc Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats.

I'm doing it through wgu also so I think I'll follow the materials you used too.
  • Options
    IncisionIncision Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! on the pass! I am on my second set of three classes at WGU but still in the 1st semester because I completed the first 3 in 3 months. Being ballsy, I decided to I move some around so I need to complete CEH, Cryptography and Vulnerability classes by June. I have my CEH scheduled for this Thursday at 800pm through Proctor U. I completed all the ECCouncil coursework and labs but the Boson pretests they give you had me scratching my head at some points. Im glad that you said it was straight forward and that the older All-in-One was still relevant. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Thanks all. I guess I forgot that it's just called CEH now, not CEH v9. In any case good luck to anyone taking this soon, you should be good with the EC-Council materials plus some additional supplemental reading like the All-in-one (or maybe the new book coming out that is specifically for v9?).
  • Options
    Incision wrote: »
    Congratulations! on the pass! I am on my second set of three classes at WGU but still in the 1st semester because I completed the first 3 in 3 months. Being ballsy, I decided to I move some around so I need to complete CEH, Cryptography and Vulnerability classes by June. I have my CEH scheduled for this Thursday at 800pm through Proctor U. I completed all the ECCouncil coursework and labs but the Boson pretests they give you had me scratching my head at some points. Im glad that you said it was straight forward and that the older All-in-One was still relevant. Wish me luck!

Good luck with your test, it sounds like you've got it under control.
  • Options
    IncisionIncision Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    With a large sigh of relief, I passed my CEH exam last night. I took it through Proctor U and got done in around an hour and a half. The screen said "PASSED" but that's it. No email so far, no printable, etc. I know my official welcome packet says it will not be here for 4 - 6 weeks, but is there a way through ECH, ProctorU, etc. to validate/verify? I cant find anything online unless you have your certification number.
    Also as many have said, most of my questions were story based / word problems. A lot of writing when you only need like 2 sentences to make your decision. There was a lot of times that I had questions that I don't rightly remember being on the v. 9 videos or in the v. 9 labs or the v 8 study materials. Lastly, and this is a pet peeve of mine, DO THEY SPELLCHECK and / or PROOF READ ANY of the questions or answers? Get ready to read all questions s-l-o-w-l-y and to interject some words where they may be needed but aren't, correct spelling to what you think they meant and at other times just sit there staring blankly with a "WAIT!... WHAT?" look on your face.
    Still happy I passed.
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    infield13infield13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Passed CEHv9 this morning. I agree on the spell checking/proof reading.