Options

Do Recuiters contact you with candidates?

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
I work for a fortune 500 company and have a pretty good position, but I'm hardly management level. I got a email today from a Robert Half recruiter asking if I have project work coming up and lists the first name several people with different skill sets that may be able to fill my project needs. Does anyone else get these kinds of unsolicited emails?
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I work for a fortune 500 company and have a pretty good position, but I'm hardly management level. I got a email today from a Robert Half recruiter asking if I have project work coming up and lists the first name several people with different skill sets that may be able to fill my project needs. Does anyone else get these kinds of unsolicited emails?

Yeah my last job they did that all the time to my work number.
    After they finally shushed they heard me tell them I am not the manager then they'd try to weasel his info out of me.
  • Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to collect the resumes from these guys then call them myself and create referrals for myself. Got some nice referral bonuses for that. I also have given those resumes that we couldn't use to other companies and got referral payments from other recruiters. You have to be crazy to call me as a recruiter and give me candidate resumes.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, I just ignore. Regularly get contacted with candidates, training offerings for "my" employees, IT asset disposal, storage solutions, etc. Only the last one is applicable at my job/position level.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used to collect the resumes from these guys then call them myself and create referrals for myself. Got some nice referral bonuses for that. I also have given those resumes that we couldn't use to other companies and got referral payments from other recruiters. You have to be crazy to call me as a recruiter and give me candidate resumes.

They are just first names of candidates and what experience they have. All contact info has been stripped out, even previous employers. One of the guys experience was in some unusual systems, so I tired to google them. I came up with the last company he probably worked for, but nothing else identifiable.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Yes, just solicitation emails, they are trying to get leads and get people placed. I get them all of the time from various agencies. Very annoying.