Options

VCP6 Question - Stanly CC

burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
I am planning on taking the VCP6 after receiving a response from Stanly for the June course. My questions is around the new certification format. Previously, ICM was the recommended course to "get you in the right direction" for VCP4, 5, etc. certification but as we all know, vSphere Foundations AND DCV are now required for complete certification. What confuses me is VMWares disclaimer:

Version 6 Disclaimer: If you are brand new to VMware and/or you do not have a currently valid VMware certification here is the recommended path. There are two exams now in obtaining your VCP6.0 certification. Students should enroll in our VMware vSphere ICM course and then sit for the VMware Foundations exam with the academic voucher given upon successful completion of the course. Then VMware suggests students take six months to one year to obtain field experience before taking the VCP6-DCV exam. For those who do not wish to wait that amount of time, taking the VMware Optimize and Scale course here at SCC, which is an advanced course that will help students with the new changes to the VMware 6.0 software, is recommended. We will begin offering the Optimize and Scale course in August 2016.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]While I have never "managed" a production environment, I have been working in a presales engineering position for the past 3-4 years that is almost exclusively around VMW so I spend a LOT of time in customer environments. Based on the above... I don't really want to wait 6 months after completing foundations to take the DCV, but based on what I have read on here many people dont find Optimize and Scale all that beneficial either. Just looking for some guidance... [/FONT]

Comments