2»

Comments

• Options
    Hopsdaballa04Hopsdaballa04 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    misthemisthe Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey mkohi Congrats!!!!!!!!
    I hadn't understand that you were so close to the Victory :)

Any comment as your last days before the exam.
    Did you take a week off from you job to review Sybex, flashcards, exams etc. ?
    What was the sign to say ok I'm ready for the exam. --> the score on CCCure tests ?
    I think I'm very close but I'm not sure if i need to wait 2-3 months more.

Congrats again !!!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    @=misthe;
    I just finished and passed the exam on Friday. A good indicator that you're ready is the ability to take those test and instead of just saying the answer is A, be able to understand how that concept would work within a business infrastructure. For instance, passwords.. How would strong passwords work in a business structure. Would it require training a policy and enforcement?

Good luck and as long as you have experience in those domains you will do fine!
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Congrats Hopsdaballa!:)
    Any recommendations? What was your path of study, What was the best source did you use?
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE FROM REPLY

I did a quick write-up in the forum. It's here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/119709-passed-cissp-exam-13-may-16-my-mind-felt-like-running-marathon.html

But, the seventh edition study guide was probably the best. It material didn't seem forced and was easily relatable to the concrepts.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    misthe wrote: »
    Hey mkohi Congrats!!!!!!!!
    I hadn't understand that you were so close to the Victory :)

Any comment as your last days before the exam.
    Did you take a week off from you job to review Sybex, flashcards, exams etc. ?
    What was the sign to say ok I'm ready for the exam. --> the score on CCCure tests ?
    I think I'm very close but I'm not sure if i need to wait 2-3 months more.

Congrats again !!!

I posted my CCCure grades, they aren't amazing but you don't need to get 90% on each exam. I stayed up until 3 in the morning before my exam. I have 4 hours of sleep.
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    The biggest amazement is that you passed with just 4 hours of sleep. My brain/body is shut down if I have less then 5 hours of sleep, let alone 4.

What's next for you? Once I pass I want to take few days break then jump into another similar cert that will help with my marketability since everything is fresh in my head and I am in that "study routine/zone". However, at the same time I do not want too many certs. I have seen it happen with my dad and my mentor. They have over dozen certs all done back to back. Then they got busy with family, full time job and would forget or not even have time to renew all the certs. Mentor told me to spread them out which I have done since Security+ was done beginning of a year, then CEH was September 2015 and now this CISSP will be hopefully end of May.
  • Options
    mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking a break, be nice to yourself. I can use the momentum of my CISSP exam to get other certs but I am not going to. I'm mediating, taking it easy and some hot yoga :) no joke. Keep in my I'm doing school and work as well.
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Nice! I meditate every morning. Started few months ago and it has really changed my life.

I def need to take advantage of my momentum. I did CEH in September 2015 and thought I would just take a 1 month break, then it turned in to 2 months since it was around the holidays. Next thing you know, it was February but then I was lazy so finally started April 24th lol.

I respect you for accomplishing this with work and school. That is really impressive mate. I work from home 100% so makes things much easier for me.
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Guys, we should definitively start a new thread about yoga and meditation for Cissp Study purpose, hahaha :) - Correlating how many yogi pass their exam first time :P - I'm in!