Anyone else prepping for their Security+ exam?

_netmon_netmon Level 99 WizardMod Posts: 878 Mod
I got mine in 4 weeks. I couldn't book it earlier due to a project at work which requires a lot of my attention so I couldn't get the time off.

I feel like I'm ready now as I have done many practice tests, including MeasureUps, and been scoring 80-90%. I keep going over my notes from the Professor Messer videos and marked off each topic in the CompTIA objectives.

I'm keeping my studying going so I don't lose information but I'm getting bored of it. Anyone else got their exam coming/already done their Sec+ exam who found any additional resources I can use? I have a live study group with PM on the 18th. Anyone else know of any study groups or wants to start one?
2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson

Comments

• 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I used Darril Gibson's book and the Prof Messer videos to pass the Security+. Between those two resources you should do fine.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks to Professor Messer I passed on the first try. I listened to him and read the sybex book. I would also reccomend downloading an app and using flash cards as well...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my exam schedule for Sunday.

1) I read Gibson's book.
    2) Acronyms
    3) Prof. Messer Videos.
    4) Ports
    5) revisit Gibson Book summaries
    6) Practice exams anywhere I can find them. (mobile app, getcertified, gibson book, techexams)

I'm so far up to number 3, going through all his videos now. I'm worried, because I completed Gibson's book three weeks ago and had to work a few shifts to save money for the exam.

I wish you good luck on your exam.
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, CSAP+

• _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    I have my exam schedule for Sunday.

1) I read Gibson's book.
    2) Acronyms
    3) Prof. Messer Videos.
    4) Ports
    5) revisit Gibson Book summaries
    6) Practice exams anywhere I can find them. (mobile app, getcertified, gibson book, techexams)

I'm so far up to number 3, going through all his videos now. I'm worried, because I completed Gibson's book three weeks ago and had to work a few shifts to save money for the exam.

I wish you good luck on your exam.

Good luck with your exam! It would be good to hear how you did and what was expected?
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson