Options

IT Next Step???

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Im new here and just got started in IT... Currently I work a full time retail job and a part time IT job. I hate the retail job and I really want to quit and do the IT job part time and find something else... The part time job I have in IT is a field tech job with a small company. I really want to move back into a full time IT Help Desk role but how should I go about doing that...? I have been applying for full time IT jobs, and I have been applying for everything I qualify for which is mainly help desk tech jobs...

What should I do... sometimes it feels that I will never get another full time IT job and I will be stuck in boring retail forever....
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Im new here and just got started in IT... Currently I work a full time retail job and a part time IT job. I hate the retail job and I really want to quit and do the IT job part time and find something else... The part time job I have in IT is a field tech job with a small company. I really want to move back into a full time IT Help Desk role but how should I go about doing that...? I have been applying for full time IT jobs, and I have been applying for everything I qualify for which is mainly help desk tech jobs...

What should I do... sometimes it feels that I will never get another full time IT job and I will be stuck in boring retail forever....

Are you getting replies from the job roles you apply for?
    Are you making it to the interview stage?

Server and Storage Analyst
    CompTIA A+
    MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712
  • Options
    I get to the interview stage, then get no calls back, after the interview.
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    I will break it down even more then that... here is my issue. Part of it is the technical questions. I will stumble on a few of them and do well on others. Like for example a question was asked.. "How do you use AD to tell if a computer is online and added to the domain" Honestly I work with AD but I have never ever done that... another question I will get asked "If I have two computers and both have the blue screen of death, how would I troubleshoot that" Well we just re image them if we get the BSOD... But some questions I get are about things that I have not done but I know the very basics of ADUC, and troubleshooting...So I need to study more technical stuff to expand my knowledge and ace the interviews. But I am a hands on learner, So I need to watch some youtube videos....