Options

CISSP in 3 weeks. Am I ready?

mailtoprithimailtoprithi Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am appearing for the CISSP exam in 3 weeks. I started studying for the exam last year and more seriously since January this year. I have covered the following books:

1. AIO, Shon Harris (Cover to cover)
2. Eric Conard (Cover to cover)
3. Official Guide (Skim through the topics, answer questions and fill gaps)
4. Sybex (Skim through the topics, answer questions and fill gaps)

Simulation Exam Scores:

Eric 1
82%

Eric 2
70%

MH1
81%

MH2
65%

CCCUre
Consistently scoring over 78% (to 85%)

Transcender
70 to 78% depending on the domain

I intend to take the Sybex exams and 2 more tests from the Total tester package. I feel like I know the material well, but my exam scores (with the exception of CCCure) do not make me feel good. I took the simulation exams in the same order as I have listed above.

Any tips/ advise on whether I should move forward or what I can do to improve my scores will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Prithi

Comments

• Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hi,

I think your challenge is to keep all your knowledges fresh for the exam.
    I am in similar situation as you, exam is in 3 weeks, but I am not as advanced as you in the process.

AIO maybe 65% + some test. I didn't really enjoy that book.
    Sybex cover to cover, should finish next week.
    11th hour : will probably read it again the week before the exam.
    CCCure last exam simulation 74% was a bit disappointing, but considering I haven't finish Sybex I think it is somehow normal.
    CCCure 125 questions per chapters after reading, >80%

I am planing to do 3 more exams simulation minimum; Eric, Sybex and CCCure.
    What is MH by the way?

I will work until getting over 85% consistently in the simulation exam.

What is your plan for the next weeks?
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ mailtoprithi I think you are good to go. It`s a management exam. The more you read the more you think you`re not ready for the exam. This is just my view and from my experience.

Good luck.
  • Options
    cwelbercwelber Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Read the consolidated tech notes from this forum forward and backward a couple of times, this made the difference for me. Also check the CISSP videos on cybrary.

**My testing technique was divided in to three runs**:

1. make the first pass, and divide questions into: a. you're 100% sure, maybe, no idea at all. Use the provided broad to mark these three categories.

-Break and eat (bring food that's not messy and easy to eat and water) - low blood sugar and dehydration could make the difference between fail or pass... Don't drink soda's water is best.

2. Run through the questions a second time, a. change as many maybe's to good educated answers, and a take crack at the no ideas.
    -
    Break and snack and drink water

3. final run

There will be some questions which appear to be multi-part questions, a series which runs as a group. Pay attention to these as they are likely weighted and will count for more on the tests.

Best of luck and you can do it!
  • Options
    mailtoprithimailtoprithi Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much !!! I feel reassured.