Options

Drones and Laws....

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
How many of you have those drones.... I am looking to get one in the future and I was wondering what your experiences with them were....
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Don't own one. BUT the laws for my city are they are allowed on your own property and public places (like parks etc) but should you fly your drone over the fence into my yard I can shoot it down in a fashion or form.

They are fun as heck though.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have one that falls under the weight limit, I only fly it at the park though. I wish I lived further out in the country side so I could get a bigger one and fly it more often though.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a cheap one, you really have to watch the wind. Often when you get it above the trees, the is more wind then you realize. Wind shot mine a thousand yards downwind in like 20 seconds. Came 15 feet from losing it on a school's roof. Make sure you register it with the FAA, Huge fine if they catch you with it without a FAA registration number on it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    I have a couple of drones... AR Parrot and DJI Phantom Advanced. They are a lot of fun to fly, however, now one has to be so careful where one flies. Too many people have been buying drones and then flying them in irresponsible ways making the public paranoid.

Technically for the larger drones, you cannot fly around people, cars, large gatherings, airports etc. That kinda takes the fun away from the hobby!

Start small with an indoor drone first and see if you like it. You can always upgrade to something larger and faster later.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...