Options

fail for the 2 time. don't know if worth it, re-take?

yrwinsyrwins Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
well I just the test today and it fail FOR 2 TIME, same score 795... I really don't know if worth it, re-take.

Comments

• Options
    MicronewbMicronewb Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does the exam give you areas to work on? I say take 1-2 weeks to restudy and as they say third try is the charm.
  • Options
    I don't know what to study I get the same score 795. I really don't know if I need to waste more time and money. I'm at $-300 on test plus equipment and book. Please don't trancender and exam-cram book , they suck...
  • Options
    GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yrwins wrote: »
    Please don't trancender and exam-cram book , they suck...

I use Todd Lammle book by Sybex and compliment it (revise with) Chris Bryant videos from Udemy, and I have a home lab. While I've not took the exam yet (and I've been studying on and off for a year now, I really need to cram and take it) I feel I'm almost ready, just need to tackle IPv6 which I've been avoiding.
    Micronewb wrote: »
    Does the exam give you areas to work on?

In exams I've taken in the past you're generally given a breakdown of topics and percentages you scored in each. Where you scored lowest are the topics you need to look at some more. I found watching the videos above instead of reading a book to be really helpful when revising, and they helped me to grasp some areas I hadn't really understood before.
    I really don't know if worth it, re-take.

I know it's hard to motivate yourself after two failures, but when you finally pass you'll be so glad you stuck at it, and the certification should help you get a pay rise or better job. Many many many years ago I couldn't pass one of the Microsoft exams to get my MCSA which would have been a real boost to my career but I too gave up after failing twice, wish I hadn't.
  • Options
    xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First, it's somewhat difficult to assist unless you specify the test you are taking. Is it the ICND1 or ICND2? Or is it the combined exam?

At the test center, what were the percentages of the various categories on the printout that they gave you?

Ask yourself what sort of questions you were having trouble with. What are your study materials? If they don't including labbing with GNS3, VIRL, or real hardware, I'd have to stay your study methods are insufficient.

In the grand scheme of things, the CCNA isn't particularly easy and getting a 795 on any of the three tests mentioned above is really close to passing. In addition, you've seen the test twice, so you already know what sort of questions to expect.

In my opinion, you should not give up now. Study like crazy for a week or two while the material is still fresh in your mind with a focus on labbing in GNS3/VIRL, which is overall the best way to study for a Cisco test. This site is great for focusing your study efforts.
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
  • Options
    Hey guy the test is it the Cisco ccent icnd1 100-101

Material used.

Book, Exam Cram by Michael Valentine and Keith Barker. (Read the entire book and make note)
    Book, How to master CCNA by Rene Molenna (glans only once)
    I have a subscription to cbtnuggets.com
    Cisco CCNA Hands-on Labs Using Wireshark & GNS3
    Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101
    Exam Walkthrough: Cisco ICND1/CCENT 100-101
    Used transcender.com until get 100%
    Make about 240 flash cards.

Lab
    I have 3 router and 4 switcher but I perfect to used the GNS3

Study hours
    At work 2-4 something more.
    At home 7 to 11:15 PM

First test (run out of time)
    Operation of IP Data Networks: ...........0%
    Lan Switching Technology: ..................73%
    IP Addressing: ...................................67%
    IP Routing Technologies: .....................71%
    IP Services: .......................................75%
    Network Device Security: ....................100%
    Troubleshooting: ................................57%

Second test (3 min left)
    Operation of IP Data Networks: ...........67%
    IP Addressing: ...................................83%
    IP Services: .......................................75%
    Network Device Security: ....................75%
    Troubleshooting: ................................71%

Well guy I’m really tire and frustrated, I don't know if have the energy to move on. I spend all

Weekend think about it. If I move on need to cut down on study need to take for myself (45 min at gym)
    8 to 11:00 PM

I will make a decision on Tuesday let guys know. But thank you so much for the feedback I really appreciated.
  • Options
    SemprulSemprul Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @=yrwins

Keep spirit bro, don't stop at here icon_cheers.gif , maybe the next time is your lucky
  • Options
    surya kumarsurya kumar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't loss your strength you are just little distance to achieve, Don't waste time compare two patterns and look where you loss concentrate those.:)
  • Options
    stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Honestly, you came too far to stop. Hard to see you go backwards on the next try. Don't give up! I know you'll get a passing score next time!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
  • Options
    Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My suggestion would be to look at the exam objectives and make sure you fully understand all of the topics. If you can't explain all of the topics off the top of your head then you don't fully understand them. For example, can you explain how a payload of data moves from one computer to the destination host and how all the layer 2 and layer 3 protocols work at each device along the route? What about dhcp, dns, arp, vlans, diference bw layer 2 and layer 3 switches and why? Ip helper and dhcp relay? Ospf, eigrp? Look through the exam objectives on the Cisco website and make sure you fully understand and can thoroughly explain every objective. Similarly, try to make sure you understand why you are entering one command vs another command when you are trying to accomplish something on a switch or router. If you understand the reason for every command that you issue in the CLI and you understand all the exam objectives, then I don't see why you wouldn't pass
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Those study materials you are using are not sufficient to pass the exam. You need to use the office Cisco Press study guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Routing-Switching-200-120-Official-Library/dp/1587143879
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    Hi guy... i just tire... and now I just lear that they going to change the test... so i really really are tire... i think im going to do some lab... and play with some router... but i don't know if i going to be back... this is to hard... then cisco is going to change it ...
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GDaines wrote: »
    I know it's hard to motivate yourself after two failures, but when you finally pass you'll be so glad you stuck at it, and the certification should help you get a pay rise or better job. Many many many years ago I couldn't pass one of the Microsoft exams to get my MCSA which would have been a real boost to my career but I too gave up after failing twice, wish I hadn't.

I just went through this with the 70-411 for MCSA. Failed twice and was miserable until I recently passed on the 3rd exam. The whole process of passing this bloody test was exhausting.
  • Options
    hey guy I just pay for the my exam ... going to take in 5 weeks.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So according to your printout the weaknesses are:

First test (run out of time)
    Operation of IP Data Networks: ...........0%
    IP Addressing: ...................................67%
    Troubleshooting: ................................57%

Second test (3 min left)
    Operation of IP Data Networks: ...........67%
    Troubleshooting: ................................71%

So just go over those and all the materials and take it again!!! The third time is the charm! icon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    Experienced_ISN'T_oldExperienced_ISN'T_old Banned Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guy... i just tire... and now I just lear that they going to change the test... so i really really are tire... i think im going to do some lab... and play with some router... but i don't know if i going to be back... this is to hard... then cisco is going to change it ...

It's too bad Cisco press books make you ha8 life as well. Lammle with Sybex is the best if you like the humor. Brevity, like cliff notes, are the champion of them all. I never liked the "dummies" series either cause ALL EXAM GUIDES/CRAMS fail in reproducing the LABS which means they start off on the wrong foot when explaining the crux of HOW TO START the explanation of the material to begin with. Wrong approach predominantly but you will never get someone who has passed to ever admit it. AM I right? Let us get to the bottom of why study guides fail primarily, shall we?!
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This very well may be one of the best threads in the history of TE.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OP, I took my composite exam fresh from an 8-month long night class course, ran out of time on the 3rd to last question, and scored 10 points under a pass. For whatever reason, this deeply impacted me and made me question the path I was choosing to take with Cisco/Networking. I literally did not touch any study materials or labs or anything for 10 months.

Then I got "workforce reduced", got my head back in the game, took the ICND1 and destroyed it, then ICND2 a month later with the same results.

This second time around, I just read the OCG and bought a howtopass subscription and simply got comfortable with the testing format and the nature of the questions. I read every day and tested every day, and what questions I got wrong I reviewed and found out why.

Also picked up a book called "31 Days Before Your CCNA", and did those daily tasks to supplement the OCG. I promise you, this can be done. You've got 5 short weeks to only bring up that score just a wee bit.

Remember, even the student that passes medical school with the lowest grades is still called "Doctor" :)
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    thank you so much ski kosys
  • Options
    djohnson2284djohnson2284 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed it twice. Once last August with a 5 something and 2 weeks ago with a 787. I passed on Wednesday. I understand your frustration, but if it's something you want and need to get where you want to go you shouldn't give up.

Using the free week at CBT Nuggets helped my understand the material a little more than what I was simply reading in book after book. For me to finally pass was taking any and every practice exam that I could find as it wasn't really the material that I wasn't understanding but not bring tricked by the wording of the questions.

I suggest taking a moment away from the material and test to rest your mind and emotions and then tackle it again before the test changes in August. Try a different testing site, maybe do something fun and relaxing before taking the test
  • Options
    alan.leung10alan.leung10 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

I have discounted ICND1 or ICND2 vouchers at 125. If you need retake a can offer more discount. Please let me know if you are interested.