Passed Security+ first time

_netmon_netmon Level 99 WizardMod Posts: 878 Mod
Just passed my Security+ today with a score of 780. Considering I changed my exam date 3 weeks earlier only giving myself 2 weeks of study overall I thought I did pretty well.

The exam itself wasn't too bad as I knew what to expect when I did my Network+ exam. Started with the sim questions which I skipped and left until last. Took me just over an hour to complete. I marked a few questions but left most of them with my gut instinct.

I only used Professor Messers videos with a few practice exam sites to get me through it. I think I had benefit from doing my Network+ a few months ago as there was a lot of Network security in the exam. If I gave myself a few extra weeks of study with a study book like Darril Gibsons I could have got a higher score, but a pass is a pass and I'm happy with it.

Good luck to anyone preparing for this exam. My only advice would be to maybe do the Net+ first as the Sec+ exam I found to be the most difficult.
2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson

Comments

• Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats was keeping am eye on the forum all day for your pass thread. Almost an identical score as well, great Job!
    What exam did you think was more difficult N+ or S+?
  • _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    Thanks haha yea I saw you got 1 more mark than me! :P I thought the exam was pretty tough though, a lot harder than the Network one
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
    Seen a few people say that oposites was true for me, however I took Network+ without any I.T experience at all or certs. So that likely played a part.
  • _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    A few of the questions were pretty tough, I had to read through them 2 or 3 times to fully understand what it was asking. Surprisingly there were a lot of questions related to application attacks like XSS and XML/LDAP injections etc, one of my weakest areas. I'm just glad its over now and I can get back to work on my Microsoft certs :P