Options

Which resume is better more or less job infomation?

draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
Resume 1 is here. My fear with resume 2 is it shows too much job hopping and taking short contracts. Also I don't know how much independent contractor is worth to hiring managers. Downside for resume 1 is the experence looks shorter. Anyway I'm unsure which way to go with this. Maybe just list that one 3 month contract?

Resume 1

summary of qualifications

A Certified Help Desk Technician and Information Technology professional with desktop support work experience, specializing in the maintenance, management, repair and support of computer networks and IT infrastructure.
industry certifications

Cisco CCNA Voice Completed February 2015

Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Completed September 2014

Cisco CCENT Completed August 2014

Help Desk Technician July 2014 – April 2016
IT corp Random City

§ Provided technical support to online desktop and laptop users for a managed IT services provider as part of a four-member Software and Desktop Support team.
§ Resolved 500 escalated technical support tickets per month that included answering printing, installation, word processing, e-mail, and operating system questions while investigating issues and providing solutions.
§ Remotely resolved and configured desktop, laptop, and website issues.

(education)

The alternative is resume 2

(certs and qualifications and education will be listed)

Help Desk Technician July 2014 – April 2016
IT company Random City

§ Provided technical support to online desktop and laptop users for a managed IT services provider as part of a four-member Software and Desktop Support team.
§ Resolved 500 escalated technical support tickets per month that included answering printing, installation, word processing, e-mail, and operating system questions while investigating issues and providing solutions.
§ Remotely resolved and configured desktop, laptop, and website issues.

Network Field Technician
April 2014 - June 2014

IT corp A city

§ Provided technical support for ISchool District as part of an 8 member team.
§ Deployed 950 Chrome books Unified school district.
§ Provided general computer support for the district including desktop, printer, chrome book, and iPad support.
§ Provided technical support for the testing program.

Independent IT Contractor
June 2013 – April 2014

§ Diagnosed and provided troubleshooting for computer hardware, smart phone, software, and video game console problems. Services included power supply and optical disk replacement, virus removal, and operating system installation as well as cell phone repairs.
§ Repaired electronic devices by disassembling electronic devices and fixing parts for electrical equipment.

I'm not sure if putting that IT contract and independent IT contractor or what not would be help just a hindrance. I just want to look stable to any prospective employer and career focused only.

So should I go With Resume 1 or Resume 2?

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would go with Resume 2 since it shows a longer IT work history. I would probably just list the certs you have completed and not worry about listing the dates you completed them.