CCENT passed!

SyfusionSyfusion Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey fellow networkers! I got the official email stating I am CCENT certified!

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Whats next in line?
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • SyfusionSyfusion Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ICND2 next, Seems like everyone and their mother wants you to have CCNA to get a job so that's what I set out to do. I had an advantage of working on a cisco network for 5 years nearly 6 years ago and my life wasn't heading anywhere so this is what I am doing now to get on track.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Syfusion wrote: »
    ICND2 next, Seems like everyone and their mother wants you to have CCNA to get a job so that's what I set out to do. I had an advantage of working on a cisco network for 5 years nearly 6 years ago and my life wasn't heading anywhere so this is what I am doing now to get on track.

CCNA today is like the MCSE of 10+ years ago, if you were applying to a job that required you to take out the IT trash, you had to be a MCSE.
  • YoshiExcelYoshiExcel Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Out of curiosity, did you still have to spend a lot of time studying or did your experience with Cisco carry you through?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Syfusion wrote: »
    Hey fellow networkers! I got the official email stating I am CCENT certified!

Congratulations. I've just seen a thread relating to the new exams due out soon so I've got to get my finger out and get my exams booked.
    tmtex wrote: »
    CCNA today is like the MCSE of 10+ years ago, if you were applying to a job that required you to take out the IT trash, you had to be a MCSE.

You're right there. I went in to a job in 2004 as a temp for a local IT Services provider, and when the guy chose not to return to work I kept the job, but the boss said at the time that I wouldn't have even got an interview as I didn't have an MCSE if I wasn't already there doing the job.
  • SyfusionSyfusion Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think my past experience made it easy to get back into the mindset for it. I only studied for probably a month and it wasn't heavy studying either but I did do every kind of ICND practice I could find and analyze missed answers.
  • stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Congrats, boss! I know it's a good feeling!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]