Do I have an MCP?

Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 WizardPosts: 776Mod Mod
I took my 98-366 and 98-39 4 years ago gaining myself 2x MTA's, but after recently looking on the mcp website, it also says I have an MCP, but doesn't specify what? What do these MTAs earn you in regards to an MCP? Is there an official title or does it just say MCP?
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Posts: 1,722Member
    Yeah, MCP just means you passed any one of the numerous qualifying exams. I had thought that the MTA exams weren't on that list, but MS would know.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Posts: 684Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    MCP is Microsoft Certified Professional. It just means you're certified in something Microsoft. It's a title not a certification.
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 776Mod Mod
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    MCP is Microsoft Certified Professional. It just means you're certified in something Microsoft. It's a title not a certification.

Thanks for clearing that up
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • daviddwsdaviddws Posts: 303Member
    Actually you can download the certificate for MCP.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Posts: 1,722Member
    BlackBeret wrote: »

I'd disagree. Microsoft Certified Professional is a certification and a title. I've even seen job listings asking for it and people using it. It doesn't mean a lot, but it does mean something.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • culpanoculpano Posts: 163Member
    Passing an MTA exam does not gain Microsoft Certified Professional status. However you have the MCTS 70-680 so you are an MCP for that.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Posts: 471Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I'd disagree. Microsoft Certified Professional is a certification and a title. I've even seen job listings asking for it and people using it. It doesn't mean a lot, but it does mean something.

I agree with Octal. I've seen job postings saying MCP is preferred and I would think that if it came down to a hiring decision and you were up against someone who didn't have an MCP but were otherwise evenly matched for that position then you would be chosen due to having the MCP. Like he said, it really doesn't mean *much*, but it counts for something nonetheless. I think if it didn't then Microsoft wouldn't make the distinction of MCP after passing just one of their tests.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Posts: 30Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was given an MCP certificate for passing the 98-365 exam.