Options

How do you list certs?

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have searched and can't really find a good example, thus my question to the pros here.

How do you suggest I list CCNA ROUTING & SWITCH and CCNA SECURITY, COMPTIA SECURITY+ and COMPTIA A+ together? Do you abbreviate? What do you suggest?

TIA
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I create a table right below my education and put them in that format so it's easy to read.

EDIT: Oh looks like you may be asking a different question. I put CCNA: R&S, and I don't put CompTIA in front of the other ones.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Personally, I think it depends on the industry you are in. For example, once I achieve my CCNP:R&S I won't list my CCNA:R&S as it kind of become irrelevant since it's a requirement.

In your case however, I would keep them listed as you have described. For example; I know for some US Goverment organisations, Security+ is required which will give an instant tick to a recruiter. If in the future you were to progress to CCNP:Security, I don't see the need to list CCNA:Security.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How I list my certifications:

IT Certifications
    - Sec+
    - MTA Windows Essentials
    - MCP

Simple and to the point....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I put them under their own heading towards the bottom of my resume. I spell them out, then put the abbreviation in (). I put the dates right aligned next to them. My resume is also a bunch of tables without borders so that everything gets aligned the way I want.

CERTIFICATIONS:

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
    04 / 2015 – 04 / 2018

GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
    04 / 2015 – 04 / 2019

• Options
    wolfinsheepsclothingwolfinsheepsclothing Member Posts: 155
    I list mine in order of difficulty/relevance (like my cert list here haha) immediately following my education.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Like this:

Certifications:
    • Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
    • Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
    • Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate + Security (CCNA+SEC)
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
    • Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
    • CompTIA Security+

I do it this way if the HR computer has it listed as "CCNA" rather than Cisco Certified BLAH BLAH BLAH it picks it up.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    List the ones that matter for the position. Abbreviate all but the best ones:

Certifications include: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), CCNA + Sec, ACMP, Security+.

I'm a big fan of one-page resumes, so the stuff the other guys listed above are too much for my format.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I list only a few major ones in abbreviations.
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone....these suggestions definitely gave me some ideas to play with.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certifications:
    SSCP (ISC)², license: <number>
    CISSP (ISC)², license: <number>
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Like this:

Certifications:
    • Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
    • Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
    • Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate + Security (CCNA+SEC)
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
    • Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
    • CompTIA Security+
    I do it this way if the HR computer has it listed as "CCNA" rather than Cisco Certified BLAH BLAH BLAH it picks it up.
    I spell it out as well, with the acronym in parenthesis. And then I'll do multiple in a line, if the line is short, such as with CompTIA. You can fit three or four CompTIA certs in a line and it'll be the same length as a Cisco cert.