Options

I passed A+ Core today!

bsktcse23bsktcse23 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_lol.gif I had a bad feeling before going in for the test that I didn't feel comfortable knowing SCSI, sockets, bus widths of cpu and memory addresses. I did pass, but barely. I was so tired of studying I just wanted to give it a shot. I always got 90+ percent on all of the practice tests but there were A LOT of questions that I have not seen before!

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    First, congratulations on passing. When will you be taking the OS? Secondly, since you have CNA, I was wondering how hard those tests were? Also how much did you study for that test?

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats bsktcase23 :D

@Cheeblie: I found Novell's questions to be much more straight-forward (no tricky questions) than MS exams, and therefore perhaps a little easier. Although hands-on is essential with Novell certs, I think they are almost on the same level as MCP exams, harder than most CompTIA exams though.
  • Options
    bsktcse23bsktcse23 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to take OS soon. I'm not a hardware gal at all so the OS should be relatively easy. I have the CBT Nuggets to study with. I took the CNA 4 years ago and that was very easy for me (but of course that was when my life wasn't so hectic). In my career now I need to get some more certs and my goal is MCSA. Thanks!
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Thanks for the info guys. After MCSE I might choose to work on CNA or CNE. Maybe I could become a Master CNE! icon_wink.gif Hehe. I nothing of Netware at the moment, but I do have an evaluation copy of Netware 6 somewhere. Maybe I'll install that and see how it goes.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats bskt......!

Best of luck on OS.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Dubb RichDubb Rich Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing Core. I failed Core yesterday, but your right as hell. I got alot of questions that I knew nothing about. I had studied krazy on SCSI and didnt get a single SCSI question on the test. icon_cool.gif