Options

Linux + Journey.....

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
Before I start on my journey I want to know what is the best book or books needed to really study and learn the materials.... Right now im youtubing and writing stuff down till my book comes in.... the book I purchased was this one

Linux Book: http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Linux-Powered-Professional-Institute/dp/1119021219?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=ya_st_dp_summary

Once my book comes in and I read some I will post a update.
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually own the book and Ucertify Linux+ material (provided to me by WGU) is based on this very book. This book does a good job covering all of the contents on Linux+ exams but it is very cut and dry. I do have about a year of experience working on Linux and found this book very difficult to go through. I preferred TestOut LabSim material (also provided by WGU) was a lot easier to digest and Robb Tracy does a good job of giving examples and going over scenarios.

I have taken LX0-103 last week and passwed with 670. I believe I definitely could've passed with just Ucertify alone (again, Ucertify is completely based on the book that you've purchased with few video lectures and practice exams) but TestOut content did help tremendously in fully understanding the concepts.

Best of luck with your studies and keep us updated!
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    Thanks im going to use the book and Ucertify.... Because I learn best when I watch a video and someone explains it too me... then I can read the book and study what I watched....
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    My book just came in the mail and I plan on reading at least 4 chapters and giving feedback. One of my co workers said that a new version of linux just came out recently.... :)