How can I guess that I ready for exam (CISSP)

CISSP_kaCISSP_ka Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have no prior experience, but I read several books and completed video/audio courses. I have ~80% on Sybex exams.
Am I ready?

Comments

• SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Always difficult to know when you are ready, or actually, you may be never completely ready anyways.
    For how long have you been studying?
    How many exam simulation have you done?
    What are the books have you read?

Wihtout experience, it is very tricky, and SSCP is not an option?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do you understand all the material in the books you've read and videos you watched? If so, there is not much else you can do. Best of luck
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "Guess" and "CISSP" should never be used in the same sentence. Anyway, I think it was JD Murray who said that you'll know when you are ready when you can pick a random topic form the CBK and speak to it for a few minutes.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are ready for the CISSP when you no longer want to study. Just book the exam and you will see how ready you will feel.
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    You are ready for the CISSP when you no longer want to study. Just book the exam and you will see how ready you will feel.

Wow, I am totally ready then! :)
    Exam in 9 days, and not ready ^^ icon_study.gifcrash.gif
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    suggest doing Security+ first or SSCP before CISSP. good luck.
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have no experience and you are sitting for the CISSP? Does your job require the CISSP? I would suggest you start off with A+, Sec+, SSCP before you tackle the CISSP...
  • KillerkingsKillerkings Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally for me, the experience at work was the best source of “exam readiness”. You can read books from cover to cover. But having the experience will help. As havoc64 said you should look at Security +, this will give you a good foundation.