Passed it...

HamdingerHamdinger Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead book from Darril Gibson and purchased access to his practice questions which includes 400 or so multiple choice as well as a number of simulations.

Hit the book very hard (know it cold), and get the hang of the sims. A month of work lunches did it for me for study duration.

I'm an old guy and I managed an 854.

I did it, and so can you.. it just requires a bit of discipline. A number of coworkers have blown off studying for it and have failed flat out.

Now.. getting ready to have my butt handed to me on the real exams...

Comments

• PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers CompTIA, EC-Council, ISACA, (ISC)², Microsoft USAMember Posts: 879 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Good use of your lunch time. It's pretty amazing what you can learn by spending just 30 minutes a day studying.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,175 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Excellent News
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • daviddwsdaviddws MCSA x2, MCITP, CIOS, CSIS, CNIP, CSSS, CLNP MCTS, MTA, MCP,  ITILv3, LPIC-1, VCA-WM, SCLA, CTS,  Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
  • _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    Congrats
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson