Options

Rhcsa

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all,

I have decided to take my RHCSA instead of Linux+. the reason is not much of a ROI, and no employers are really asking for Linux+ LPIC etc... So I really don't see the need to get a cert that will just end up being a piece of paper that wont get me a Linux Admin job. I plan on studying Linux+ for the knowledge and basics of the OS.... But I will not sit for the exam... I will instead sit for my RHCSA exam instead.... Are there any good books or study materials reccomended for the RHCSA??? For those that have the cert already what did you use to study? Im looking to learn and apply the materials so I have CentOS running on Vmware player on my PC.... but im thinking of buying a cheap laptop and just installing CentOS on it only....
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Linux Academy has learning materials for RHCSA and access to RH7 servers to practice on.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have decided to take my RHCSA instead of Linux+. the reason is not much of a ROI, and no employers are really asking for Linux+ LPIC etc... So I really don't see the need to get a cert that will just end up being a piece of paper that wont get me a Linux Admin job. I plan on studying Linux+ for the knowledge and basics of the OS.... But I will not sit for the exam... I will instead sit for my RHCSA exam instead.... Are there any good books or study materials reccomended for the RHCSA??? For those that have the cert already what did you use to study? Im looking to learn and apply the materials so I have CentOS running on Vmware player on my PC.... but im thinking of buying a cheap laptop and just installing CentOS on it only....

Myself and others have answered these questions many times on the LPI/RHCE/SAIR forum.
  • Options
    wolfinsheepsclothingwolfinsheepsclothing Member Posts: 155
    If you're able to, I would buy a cheap laptop so that you can familiarize yourself with building KVM vms on RHEL. Also agree with Verities; lots of information in the LPI/RHCE/SAIR forum.