31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam

AM2AM2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I am thinking to get the CCNA certification and saw this book.
[h=3]31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam [/h]
Do you think is a good book?
Is there any way someone could share it with me?
Thanks.

Comments

• The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    This book gives a quick summary of topics once you learn them, but cannot be used as your only study source.

The Official Certification Guide by Cisco Press (Wendell Odom) and Lammle's CCNA books are frequently used together.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Experienced_ISN'T_oldExperienced_ISN'T_old Banned Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AM2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am thinking to get the CCNA certification and saw this book.
    31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam

Do you think is a good book?
    Is there any way someone could share it with me?
    Thanks.

It is an overview book to get you used to the verbage, imo, (correct me if I am wrong) but doesn't address PERFORMANCE ON THE LABS and the lab repetition you will surely need to do the sims on the test but also OJT. I just picked up Odom's new 3.0 ICND1 book and am REALLY EXCITED to be the first to pick up such a FRESH copy (errata updated) from Cisco themself (updated materials)! During my pre-research I visited blogs from the authors to see when the book would drop down to the barnes and GARGOYLE. It was at the author's blog site where I found out the new ICND2 is "brutal" (Lammle himself said) so I wouldn't rely on the 31 days for the retiring CCNA. I'm taking the two-tests instead of originally going for the one because for one, it's simply too much material + labs and #2, I want to FOCUS ON QUALITY and really learn the stuff and take it seriously, in addition to just getting the passing grade. I desire and am striving to knock it out of the park and use that approach to study as well. If I ere you, I would stay BEYOND REPROACH so there is not doubts about passing (>900 on practice tests). This composite test is imo, "too much material" and not to be taken lightly. The 31 days is just a high-level overview and not the nuts and bolts! I would break out a simulator and lab hardcore, in addition to the 31 days book, if you want to pass the first time!