Updated labs for 300-1xx exams

Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
So when I first bought my lab book and FLG for another round of night classes, I got materials for the 642-813 exam. Fine and dandy, but 2.5yrs have gone by in a flash and all the exams have been updated.

Right now I'm using version6 (i think) of the materials, and I'm looking for some updates. I'd like to start with SWITCH, then ROUTE and TSHOOT, in that order.

Does anyone have some updated lab PDF's or similar materials? I'm almost done with the "old" lab manual, and will be buying the new version in a few weeks and rerun thru it all. Are there updated practice labs roaming the interwebz looking for a good home? TBA, Lammle, or anything from Cisco Press maybe? Would the GNS3vault material scale to physical equip? Can't imagine it wouldn't be a problem but stranger things have happened.

I see a variety of the older lab materials, but nary a bit or byte on the newer, not without being bundled "free" into an expensive boot camp or some such.

Lab rack consists of the following:
1x 2811
2x 2960
4x 3560
1x 3560 PoE

Granted, all of my lab hardware cannot run 15.2 or higher as per the official exam, so I won't be able to lab out a small subset of commands etc... I'll just have to build my own theme park with blackjack and hookers.

Thanks for your input.

# of times using the word "lab": 8! Should not have had that second pot of coffee :/
"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I personally got "101 labs for the Cisco CCNP Exams", which you can find here on Amazon Kindle for $10:

http://www.amazon.com/101-Labs-Cisco-CCNP-Exams/dp/0956989209/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464895181&sr=8-1&keywords=101+labs+for+ccnp

It may be a bit dated, but I lab all concepts into the ground as I learn them, so the manual is really just for filling in gaps for me.

Good luck with your studies!
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry, vacation n stuff...

Thanks for the tip, I checked it out and that looks very well put together with plenty of positive reviews. I do have a concern that it's 5yrs old, but then again so is my current lab manual :/

I've found bits and pieces here and there with some practice labs, but obviously nothing too in-depth for being free. I'll see if I can pull a favor from my old teacher and maybe get some updated NetAcad stuff to play with.

Thanks again!
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • teuchterteuchter Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is that guide not the one you can get for free somewhere on the Cisco site now?
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I havent found it anywhere for free (legitimately that is), plus it like most of the other freebies seems to be based on the older exams. I did get the new Switch 7 lab manual and that's a far cry better than the previous one, so that's been a huge help FWIW
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf