Options

CGEIT question

jsanjurjsanjur Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Apologies if this was asked before. I would like to get the CGEIT certification for personal purposes (Ive only got some tech certs as Sec+, Linux+, Network+ and PMP) and i was wondering if you could give me some guide on what certification is recommended to get before this one?

thanks in advance

J

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CGEIT stands alone in the governance world. Do you meet the prerequisites? That's the best way to make sure you're ready for the exam.

Otherwise any of the older ISACA certifications (CISA, CISM, CRISC) all have a governance component that would help some but not a lot.
  • Options
    varunglvarungl Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jsanjur wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if this was asked before. I would like to get the CGEIT certification for personal purposes (Ive only got some tech certs as Sec+, Linux+, Network+ and PMP) and i was wondering if you could give me some guide on what certification is recommended to get before this one?

thanks in advance

J

If you do COBIT5 Foundation, atleast, before CGEIT exam, it will help u clear the concepts & exam.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Cobit Foundations is the obvious place to start. ISO/IEC 20000 and ITIL are also good options. CISM/CRISC maybe.

There's also a "Work Experience" component for getting the certification, which probably gives a good indication of the areas of knowledge/skills that you'd need to develop.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM