Options

Is this ok? Resume question...

JimehbooJimehboo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it ok if I put that I have “passed” the A+ Core Hardware Exam on my resume, and also put I’m “in the progress” of taking the A+ O/S Exam (Clearly stating that I’m not fully A+ certified yet).

I will be taking the O/S exam very soon, so normally I would just wait until I pass, but I have a friend who referred me to a very good job opening (even put in a word for me), so I want to send in my resume ASAP.

I was just wondering what I should do regarding my resume, any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    There was a similar topic to this before and i think it was divided as to if you put "to be gained" certs on a resume. Personally i would proberbly put it on as it shows you are working towards it and interested in developing your skills and knowledge etc. As your part way through i think its ok, though putting "im doing CCNA in three years" obviously wouldnt be! icon_lol.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to alway put - working towards MCSE before I had my MCSE. And it was worth it because one of the jobs I got they were looking for someone who was working towards their MCSE (in other words cheap labour for some who is reasonably skilled and motivated)

Considering you have done one exam towards it I think it would be taken seriously if you put that you are working towards a cert. There, its worth putting on.

But as Sie said, don't go overboard. Employers are not interested in your whole list of certs you want to gain, just the immediate cert goals you are working towards - note thats working towards not planning on doing.
  • Options
    JimehbooJimehboo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice; I think I will put it on there…

Best Case Scenario is I get an interview next week, and since I’m planning on taking the exam this weekend, during the interview I can say I am now A+ certified =D

If I get the interview this week, I can mention I’m taking it in a few days.

Now I just don’t know which sounds better…

Passed CompTIA A+ Core Exam
    Working Towards CompTIA A+ O/S Exam
    In Progress: CompTIA A+ O/S Exam

Maybe mention the exam numbers? (220-301) (220-302)
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Passed CompTIA A+ Core Exam (220-301)
    Working Towards CompTIA A+ O/S Exam (220-302)

I think.....

Other views people?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I Agree with the above posts. I think an employer would like to see what you have in the works.