how long to get vcp6?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
how long on average do you think it would take to get the foundations and then the vcp-dcv?

Comments

• scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    how long on average do you think it would take to get the foundations and then the vcp-dcv?
    Depends on your current knowledge versus the objectives of the 2 exams, how much time per day or per week you can dedicate to your preparations, how good you are at exams, and more...

Tough to put a number against.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    I agree with scott. It varies, if you have a few years working with vmware and you can dedicate 2 hours a night to studying I'd think you could pass both in 3 months or less. If you have no knowledge of vmware or little working experience with it, even with a few hours study time it may take you 6 months or more.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Took me 3 weeks of study with home-lab and I just took it this morning and passed. Waiting for the confirmation email from Pearson.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how much experience did you have? what sort of lab?
  • gelidstargelidstar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I echo eddo1's question. What lab can be setup to prepare for vcp6 foundations and dcv exams? Can this all be done from within a workstation 11 env. Hosting multiple esxi hosts or would a physical server be the preferred route? My additional objective would be to bring up some Citrix frontend components. Any suggestions for study and lab materials would be greatly appreciated.
    also, is there any need for a lab for the foundations?
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Deathimage is smarter than myself or has more experience - it took me a lot longer to study for it and i have a few years experience.

I believe for the lab you can do it with a workstation 11 environment. Sure physical hosts would be great so you can do vmotioning between hosts buy in my experience it's not necessary. You can get hands on with things like dvs and the like without having multiple hosts.
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Deathimage is smarter than myself or has more experience - it took me a lot longer to study for it and i have a few years experience.

I believe for the lab you can do it with a workstation 11 environment. Sure physical hosts would be great so you can do vmotioning between hosts buy in my experience it's not necessary. You can get hands on with things like dvs and the like without having multiple hosts.

is this for the foundations course?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Or just use the VMware Hands-on-labs. No need to muck around building a lab. But then again, building a lab itself teaches you things.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com