Options

70-417 Pass!

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
It has been a long time coming, but I finally upgraded my MCSA to 2012.... and subsequently have MCSE Messaging and Communications... the 412 section kicked my butt and gave me my overall (lowest) score of 720... but I did quite well on the 410 and 411 sections.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• Options
    sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man..!
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done, congrats!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done! This exam is extremely tough, if you fail on just one section you are out! I had my 412 section at exactly 700, lol!
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What materials did you use to help pass? I'm looking at writing this exam in July and want to know what I should put extra focus on (nothing that would violate the NDA of course) to make sure I know.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mostly experience from work and being a "MCSA/MCSE" over the three previous versions of the products. But I also used the Sybex MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 Complete Study Guide and the CBT Nuggests for MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2.

Even though this is an upgrade exam... it doesn't really make any attempts to only cover "new" material, which has also been my experience with previous upgrade exams. Which, it makes sense because there are 21 unique certifications that qualify you to take 70-417, including MCSA 2000! So, if they were to just limit it to changes since Windows Server 2008 [R2], it would have large gaps for those that only had MCSA 2000.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and MS exams are by far the toughest.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet! Good job. I am hoping to take this test next month.