Options

Passed 414!!!

Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed 70-414 yesterday, finally I am now MCSE certified!!! icon_cheers.gif

I scored 754 on the exam.

I used CBT Nuggets training videos, combined notes from Technet and watched a few videos that covered the exam's scope from Microsoft Virtual Academy, didn't bother with exam ref book or the training guides this time around.

After the MCSE journey I will never study for a Microsoft exam they really know how to suck out the fun in studying and in IT generally.

Can't wait to get started on my CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow...Congratulations and Good Luck on your CCNA.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets and Pluralsight are both excellent resources and while you pay for them, they offer so much information that they are well worth the money.
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!!
    Would anyone recommend CBT nuggets as a good study source? I've previously used Professor Messer for video training on my CompTIA certs and the 70-680, but unfortunately thats as far as he went. I want to study my 686 and then move onto the MCSA/MCSE and I find using videos a great learning source compared to reading books. What are CBT nuggets like? Do you have to pay for them?

I would recommend them mainly because I like how they do the whole presentation for me it's easy to follow, CBT nugget uses white boards to do their presentation and I think white boards are easy to follow than slides because they can draw diagrams onto on these white boards to paint a picture in your mind which makes it easier to understand than just explaining something in words. Can't say much about Plural Sight because I haven't used them since Trainsignal. white boards are more interactive than slides in my opinion, however, training videos alone won't be enough they need to be accompanied by reading material and virtual labs and yes you have to pay to use them.
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□