Options

Stuck on Safe mode. Can't log into Windows 10 account. Can't log into Wifi.

echoesofelevenechoesofeleven Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
Earlier this afternoon I had a client who's Gmail account was compromised and sent out emails to his contacts on his behalf. The first thing we did was change his password for his Gmail account. The client then requested to do a full tune up on his system. The client has a Dell Inspiron 570. The OS is Windows 10.

From here I ran MSConfig so that I could boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Once the computer booted the account log in appears with his Gmail account being the username. I typed in his password and it said it was incorrect. I tried it a couple of times and made sure it was the correct password with the client and still I wasn't able to log in.
Luckily the client had a laptop. I booted the laptop and windows login appears.It has the same login credentials. I typed in the password and I received an error message stating that I needed to reset the client's Microsoft account by going to this website:
account.live.com/password/reset.

It was a good thing that this laptop had a sign-in option and I was able to log on through a pin number. The desktop didn't have one. I was able to reset the client's Microsoft account. I restarted the laptop and was able to login into the computer just fine.
I then went back to the client's desktop and tried the new password, but sadly it failed. It said it was incorrect. I then noticed in the windows log in screen that the computer was not connected to the Wi-Fi. I clicked on the Wi-Fi icon to connect to the internet. The connection was taking too long and finally I got a notice stating that the computer can't be logged on the internet. I thought that was really odd and weird. I then tried retyping the Wi-Fi key but failed as well. I even tried connecting a CAT6 cable directly to the router, but that failed as well. The computer at this point still on Safe mode because of the resolution. The resolution is still quite large.

At this point, I brought home the client's PC. I booted the PC. I had the same issues again. I can't log into the computer nor my home's Wi-Fi. To make sure I was on Safemode with networking I tried this method because for some reason I couldn't get into safe mode on this desktop with F8.

On the windows log in screen. On the lower right corner, I held the shift bottom and clicked restart > Troubleshoot >Advance Options > Startup settings > clicked on the 5th option Enable Safe mode with networking.
After doing this I'm still having the same issue. I'm stuck on safemode, I can't log into the computer, I can't login into my Wi-fi.
I'm quite stuck here. How can I solve this issue?

The only solution I found so far is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC1i0dLzzc0

Do you guys think that this is the best method? I'm a little skeptical about this . . .
Good and close relationships keep us all truly happy