What is ACE?

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
ACE = Adobe Certified Expert

Definition: This certification was developed for designers, web publishers, desktop publishers, developers and other business professionals who want to demonstrate proficiency with single or multiple Adobe products.

To Obtain:

Must pass a 1-2 hr product-specific Adobe Product Proficiency Exam. The ACE can be acheived for Illustrator, Acrobat, FrameMaker, GoLive, After Effects, InDesign, LiveMotion, PageMaker, Photoshop, and Premiere.
Exams are delivered via computer and consist of 60-90 multiple choice questions (closed-book).
The exam costs approximately $150 and is administered by Prometric.
Recertification is required with each new version but Adobe offers a 25% discount on recertification exams.

Source from: Certification About
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The question I ask is ..... why??

Kasor - have you too much time on your hands? or perhaps you are trying to figure out how many completely useless and irrelevant certifications are out there?

Shoot dood - just about anyone can offer a certification, but to be brutally honest ... does anyone care?

I know webmaster is always keen to expand techexams, but I would think there has to be a limit. Certs like Dell, Adobe, Lotus, Sun and a million others are really not applicable to 99.9% of the real world.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You got to tell people what those certifications are. They are related with IT jobs, just like MOUS from Microsoft.

If you are programmer, web designer, or game developer. It always like to know those powerful graphical tool. It indirectly related to Desktop and Application Support job.

Lotus Note and Sun are used in most Higher Education Institution and Govn't agencies.

Actually, a very good idea to find out how many useless certifications are in these day.

You can obtain HIPPA certification, too!!!!! :)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree with RussS, although I do see a Lotus section in a distant future :), but if you really want to let people know about all the certs please post a link to www.cramsession.com's list of certs, instead of starting another topic.

We do appreciate active posters but really... Adobe? icon_confused.gif

(P.S. you might want to update your profile to show off your certs ;))

FYI: it's no longer MOUS... it's now called MOS.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kasor - I see Adode certification as about on par with Macromedia certification. Totally useless to most people icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very good example with Macromedia.

Different people with different point of view....

You never know who will be here, there and else where to search for information.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    employees seeking work using macromedia and adobe will probably be asked for experience or portfolio over certification.
    A+ Moderator
  • cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Also, I think that when people here think of IT, they are thinking of system engineering and administration. Normally I do not put graphic design on the same level simply because they are very different. For example, you could know Windows 2000 Server inside and out and be a great asset to a company. However, if you know Photoshop 7 inside and out, you may be completely useless. Just because you know how to use the program doesn't mean you have any artistic ability. That's why I agree with bellboy about having a solid portfolio over wasting money on a Photoshop certification.

Cheeblie
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i am not trying to put down university education here, but when i worked for a printer, i found that a lot of graduates starting out with their own design companies had no idea about how a job was printed, and the amount of work that we had to correct just to get it printed was nothing ordinary!
    A+ Moderator