Options

Do Any of the Electives Cover Lightweight Directory Services to any Great Extent?

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
I am coming up short finding significant resources for AD LDS. I am not really looking for a certification or exam to take... but looking to see if any cover it so I can get the associated materials. It just seems really sparse. I have already looked at 70-413 and 70-414 and they do seem to have much of anything. Thanks!
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LDS is very similar to AD DS in a lot of ways so a lot of the understanding translates. I know that the MVA Course Understanding Active Directory covers it a little and if you look at the 70-640 exam for 2008 Server it covers LDS pretty extensively, if I remember correctly.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Agreed on the 70-640 - it goes in depth.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My focus is to understand more about the replication models and capabilities. Obviously, it shares a great deal with AD DS, but I am doing this to get a greater understanding of Azure AD, as it is built on top of AD LDS, rather than AD DS. The MS Exchange Team has "opened the kimono" considerably more than the MS AD Team, though they have revealed as much that it is built on LDS and that it dedicates servers to write-only and read-only tasks... I am just trying to discern how much of that is from openly documented capabilities and how much is custom.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro