Options

Any Other Colleges Like WGU

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been surfing the webs for a couple months now as i finish up my AA. I like to take my time on most decisions to really see all my options. Im wondering are there any other schools out there like WGU as in they are self paced. Only schools i could find that are self paced are

Patten university
Ashworth
Penn Foster
Do you know of anymore?
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    ksijurksijur Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Northern Arizona University online I believe is right there too.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Capella, Hodges, and Wisconsin.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    ksijur wrote: »
    Northern Arizona University online I believe is right there too.

The NAU online degree is semi-self paced. You have to complete a specific number of interactions/assignments per week in order to maintain your academic standing, as I understand it. If you fail to do so, they automatically drop you and report that to your financial aid provider, which starts all kinds of negative processes. One of the guys I work with is going through this program right now and he's having to fight with them frequently because he's going through other stuff in his life that prevents some of that weekly interaction stuff.

Caveat: I may not have the correct details on the timing for the interactions, but when we were comparing notes for the WGU "self paced" portion he was definitely jealous.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thomas Edison state university, They have a good bulk of courses that are self-paced but with 12 week run times.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    As @PJ_Sneakers mentioned, University of Wisconsin has a program that's very similar to WGU: Information Science and Technology Degree - UW Flexible Option
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow