Options

Should I go for CCIE R&S after CCNP?

niba10niba10 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
What I should do next CCIE or other paths like security , service provider etc...?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What do you do now and what do you want to do in the future? There is no one size its all answer.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ccie r&s
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Options
    niba10niba10 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do you do now and what do you want to do in the future? There is no one size its all answer.
    well lets say for now that I cant get a job because of reasons of mine but in future I want to work at IT
    to manage a big company network but when you say network there are many variables because network contain : VOICE , DATA CENTER , security etc more stuff..
    and get a good salary
    and it's not always cisco their is juniper and other companies devices that I don't know their stuff
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    Before you can manage big company networks, you need to manage small company networks.

And before that, you have to manage home / small business networks.

And before that, you have to take the Comcast router out of the box and connect it all up to one home pc.

I'm curious as to what these "reasons" are. In the NEAR future, I want to be a retired PowerBall winner. But for now, I have to work in IT.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Do you have CCNP? Was it easy? Well, CCIE is a bigger jump than the jump from CCNA to CCNP.

If you don't have experience, then you are much better to get another track than try for CCIE. Security is probably the most broadly useful - networks need security. If you are looking to work as a network admin/engineer for a smaller company, then voice (Collaboration track) and Wireless are very useful. If you are looking at larger companies, then add also Data Center. If you are interested in working for a NOC then Service Provider is good. If you are looking at consultancy or MSP, then maybe CCDA/CCDP is good to consider.

There are lots of options, but it depends what your local job market is like and what interests you. CCNA Security is one exam if you have CCENT already, and overlaps a bit with CCNP R+S. So not too hard to achieve.

Probably broader study can help fill in the gaps that lack of experience can cause.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM