Options

SSCP Study Tips?

shiffler24shiffler24 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was hoping you all could advise on study material to prepare for the SSCP. Just a little background:

Started reading SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition by Darril Gibson.
Reviewing the SSCP Exam Outline from ISC
Practice tests included with the all-in-one book

I obtained my CEH last month and have almost one year of experience working in Info Sec.

Is there any other relevant study material that anyone can recommend that was helpful to pass the test?
[h=1][/h]

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Read up on how to both identify exam question techniques and how to take exams. These tests are professionally written and tested by folks who do nothing but write exam questions. The exam itself will look vastly more difficult than CCCure and most quiz books.

Oh yeah, find a used copy of a CISSP quiz book. It will be overkill but you'll pass easily if you keep to the more technical detail questions. The CISSP is more theoretical but experience orientated but has nothing to do with management - outside of peoples imagination.

Good luck

- b/eads
  • Options
    ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I wrote the SSCP exam on 13th October 2015 and passed, see my post.

SSCP Passed
  • Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Shiffler,

I took the exam last month. I used SSCP AIO the one you are currently reading and ISC2 study guide by Shon Harris. I've used Darril Gibsons Sec+ as well. and CBT Nuggets Sec+. before sitting the exam, make sure you understand each domain on the SSCP AIO. good luck.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Download the exam objectives from ISC2 and make sure that you understand every one of the bullet points and are good with all domains.
  • Options
    shiffler24shiffler24 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!